Sunday, June 12, 2011

PANIC! And true - cupboard scraping Student Food...

Hello Everybody!

Hello Shelby Mae!

Shelby Mae is my Taste & Create buddy for this month... She has a real awesome blog which she's written so that her children and future grand-children can have memories of her. Which, is basically the BEST reason to blog EVER!

And I was flicking through her blog... She have this really useful thing down the side where you can pick out key words... Thus Kat was drawn to cupcakes... And about halfway down this page, Shelby Mae talks about how she is doing her best to be vegan "Good on her!" I thought "I could never do that!" and then... "Wait! Do I have any vegan recipes on my blog?!" *looks at blog* "Hmmm... No, not reeeally..." and then "I don't even have any particularly healthy recipes on my blog. Wow!" *looks through photos on hard-drive* "No... no... no... Oh dear..."

So instead I decided to post these peanut butter cookies. Which are yummy, but contain eggs...

Peanut butter cookies. And no, Mummy, that photo was totally NOT taken on my bed... I would never eat in bed and I definitely make my bed every day... *grins a totally beLIEvable grin*
Now, before I post these... I want to alert y'all to the vegan/able and sort of healthy-ish recipes currently residing on study food:

Vegan:

Home Made Potato Fries
Muesli (provided you don't use honey...)
Fruit Salad Dressing

Annnd. Um. That's it.

Vegan-able:

Potato and Leek Soup - just leave out the cream/milk/cheese and use vegetable instead of chicken stock!

At the very least healthy! ish...

Cottage Cheese Loaf
Cottage Cheese Cupcakes
Pancakes
Spanokopita
Lemony, Fishy Rice
aaand:
Breakfast Muffins

That's it. The rest is not very good for you but very, very yummy - I promise! :)

Thanks to Shelby Mae for opening my eyes to the demographic (is that the right word?) my blog is completely missing! I'm really enjoying reading your blog! I look forward to seeing what you pick from mine...

And without further ado... the recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies
This recipe comes from Jo Seagar...

The original looks like this:

2 cups crunchy peanut butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs

Not one for following recipes, my version looks like this

1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Method is the same for both...

Mix ingredients together.

Spoon and flatten onto a baking sheet.

And bake at 170 for 10-20 minutes, or until your house smells like cookie...

And OM NOM NOM! But not in bed. Because then you will have to lie to your mother about how you never eat in bed. And that makes your conscience sore.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kat. I just finished writing my T&C post. I wanted to let you know that I was very pleased with what I made from your blog! The post will go up tomorrow morning so please do look for it! Thank you so much. Please don't feel that you don't have something on your blog that anyone can make - because truth be known, anyone can take a recipe and adapt it to their needs and likes - it may not be exactly what you made, but it was you who inspired! Thank you for being my T&C partner this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the vote of confidence, it means a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete