Sunday, June 12, 2011

Taste & Create: The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybuch's Broccoli Dal

Phew! What a mouthful!

Well, after this morning's vegan-less panic... I thought to myself... "Mmm... breakfast time!" so I went looking through Shelby Mae's vegan recipes for something I could submit to Taste & Create this month!

I was avoiding all tofu recipes because a) un-fermented soy freaks the bejeebers out of me and b) because of a) I don't have any tofu lurking in my fridge...

But! Only a few recipes down I found this...

Delicious, healthy breakfast? I think so!
Broccoli Dal! OM NOM NOM NOM!!!

I'm going to brutally force y'all to click on the link to get the full recipe - because I don't want you to miss out on the blogging magic that is The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch!

But let me tell you - this is a delicious recipe!

I did make a few changes - mainly to scale down the recipe so that it'd feed only one. I quartered it.
  • Also I didn't have any mustard seed, so I used prepared mustard instead.
  • I may have accidentally trebled the original recipe's calling for turmeric... But it was still delicious!
  • I don't have any almond milk, so I made my own by soaking LSA in 1/4 cup water!
  • And I cooked it with a teeny-weeny red chilli rather than sprinkling cayenne over the top.
Also - add salt! This dish tastes good before salt and AMAZING afterwards!

Y'all should definitely make this sometime, for breakfast, lunch or dinner!

1 comment:

  1. This was a great choice! I could eat this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Glad you enjoyed it....and really, you shouldn't let tofu scare you. ;)

    ReplyDelete