Sunday, July 24, 2011

Taste & Create: Lemony Peppered Chicken

Hello all!

At last, I have my entry for this month's Taste & Create challenge!

Taste & Create is a blogging community where blogger apply, and a paired up with a partner whose blog they must sample a recipe from!

(^^ Ewww... that was a messy sentence...)

Anywho! This month I was partnered with Tamy of Always Eat on the Good China... It's a real interesting blog with a bazillion recipe! I was there for days just lookin' around... In a totally non-creepy manner. Promise.

So - eventually I decided I wanted to do something with chicken, and using that as a search, I eventually came across this recipe for Lemon Lime Pepper Chicken... I don't have any limes, so mine's just "Lemon Pepper Chicken" but this is what I came up with:

This is my Boyfriend's dinner - served with brussel sprouts, lemon/sesame glazed carrots and  pesto coated pasta... Mine was the same, only smaller. And without the pasta.
What resulted was a delicious, subtle dish that was a doddle to make, and will definitely feature on my dinner table again!

I encourage you to go to Tamy's page for the recipe, if you're interested! But these are the changes I made to her recipe:

  • As I mentioned before: I have no limes so I used only lemon.
  • I scaled the recipe down for 2 - except for the glaze which I kept as instructed except to halve the sugar (as always!)
  • Tamy has onions in her photo, so I flung half an onion in with the butter, before the chicken.
  • I bashed my chicken with a saucepan before dredging it in flour so that it would cook at an even rate. (I don't have a meat mallet...)
  • I chopped up the lemon skin and threw it in with the frying chicken, pulling it out before I poured the glaze on.
  • I did a "Nigella" and allowed the chicken to rest, wrapped in tin foil for 10 minutes while I prepared the veggies and BF's pasta - the chicken was so juicy and tender!
It was a real successful meal, and Tamy's blog is an interesting read! So thanks to Taste & Create for introducing me to a new blogger!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to have met you also Kat and loved reading your interpretation and modifications. I absolutley love the chicken bashing you did. We really enjoyed the cocoa fudge cake around here. Ironically I just ran across a lemon chicken recipe fram grams that's just enough different that I'll be trying it next week.

    ReplyDelete