Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Tandoori" Chicken Burgers

What ended up being dinner for two!
When I started writing this blog - all of a month ago, I'd planned on it being full of gorgeous dessert-y things... The yummy sweets that I love! As it turns out, students have neither the time nor the funding to bake goodies and prepare dessert. That and I live with a house load of salt-cravers... Only my gorgeous boyfriend is a sugar lover like me... And even then he's mostly exclusive to chocolate! :)

What students do eat, however is dinner... Lots and lots of dinner! Believe it or not, this was another cupboard scraping recipe... With the tandoori paste left over from a vegan curry I like to make, and the yoghurt I didn't use in the tzatziki! The chicken surfaced from the freezer...

The recipe for Kat's Tandoori Burgers follows the jump...


Ingredients:

Enough chicken breasts for 4... In my case, this was 3. ish...
4 Tbsp tandoori paste (any curry paste will work)
1 cup plain yoghurt

Burger buns
Lettuce
Tomato
Chutney... Whatever takes your fancy! :)

Method:

In a large bowl, mix the yoghurt and tandoori paste...

pattie-sized chunks and scoring (more surface area = more flavour). Toss the chicken in the tandoori paste/yoghurt and leave to marinate in the fridge for as long as you can (pref. over night!)

Once the chicken has marinated, heat a frying pan with your choice of oil/butter (I used peanut...) and fry the chicken on medium-low, so as to cook it all the way through without losing moisture or burning the outside!

When the chicken starts to go white on top, flip it over and cook the other side...

Now prepare your buns - I like mine toasted!

Stack your burger with whatever you like, mine had cheese, tomato, mayo, mango chutney, cucumber and lettuce! Serve with oven chips and enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment