Sunday, May 1, 2011

Leftover Pastry Snacks

Sooo... I was just flacking through my favourite blogs and feeling sad that none of them have updated in a while when I realised - neither have I! So here goes...



Cute, aren't they? And what's more, they're affordable and easy to make! Using leftovers...


Just little pastry squares - they make good snacks!

Here's how:

Short crust, or puff pastry - ready rolled, roll-your-own or home made...

Your choice of spreads - I used pesto, tomato sauce and sweet chilli sauce here. But chilli jam or chutney - whatever you have in the cupboard should work!

Cheese! Grated, whatever you have...

Method:

Set oven to 200 degrees C...

Spread your chosen spreads over the pastry and press the grated cheese on top.

Cut the pastry into squares/pieces (once you get bored)...

... and place on a baking paper lined baking sheet... And bake for 5-10 minutes, until pastry is baked and cheese melted.

Cool and serve, yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment